Guess what’s going to the printer soon?
Here’s a hint.
Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Guess what’s going to the printer soon?
So a few weeks ago I got introduced to this guy (Who very specifically wishes to not be mentioned on this site.) He likes some of the creative things I have done in the past. Some of his friends have tried out some of the table top games I have created, and he saw how Please Don’t Wake Dagon did pretty well (And will be doing even better once they get the second printing up and going).
The rapid success of PDWD thus far means that we will be upgrading the print method to be able to produce more copies of the game. One of the fringe benefits of the new printing service is that we will be able to cram even more gaming goodness into the box.
Or to be more specific, the orders of Please Don’t Wake Dagon printed for sales at cons have already sold out, after only two conventions. The publisher considers the game to be very successful.
More print runs to follow. For those of you that ordered a copy, these sales did not include your copy, the internet orders were a separate print run and will be mailed very soon. More news about my game to follow, but at present my children are busy letting me know that it as unacceptable for Daddy to be gone for three days.
- Norwegian retailers pull violent video games, such as World of Warcraft from their shelves, because evidently Anders Brevik was in league with the Horde or something.
- In today’s news, WA leads the nation in in children who do not receive vaccinations. Stay tuned for next years story: WA leads the nation in preventable child deaths.
- An interesting article on 10 steps to avoid being eaten by a lion. Number 11, “don’t hang out in places full of large carnivores” was absent.
- A blood red lake was spotted in Texas. Some claim “This is clearly a sign of the biblical apocalypse, and nothing like the last six or seven time we said that…hey…stop laughing, we’re serious!”
- Swedish police conduct a raid to apprehend illegal hedgehog. Scrappy fox sidekick believed to still be at large.
- Missouri bans teachers from friending students on facebook, as an attempt to prevent future student teacher sex scandals. Well I suppose that without the sensual siren song that is Farmville acting as an aphrodisiac, restraint might be more likely.
- A woman is Massachusetts is attempting to breed a strain of mushrooms that eat human flesh. Because she clearly doesn’t watch the same kinds of movies that I do.
- Diablo three with have an auction house that allows you to sell goods for real world money. That’s either the best idea ever, or the worst, and I’m not sure which.
- “From my cold, dead, sticky hands!” Michelle Bachmann pledges to ban pornography. In related news Michelle Bachmann is still a fucking idiot.
- Giligan’s Island Larp Goes Horribly Awry.
- Canadian Teen saves Scotland from a level 2 zombie outbreak, and this is the thanks he gets.
- I am probably taking the wrong lesson away from this, but evidently you can steal valuable and rare paintings by just walking out of the museum with them.
- So it turns out that hacking the voice mail of crime and terrorism victims as part of investigative journalism is too far. Bonus: They actually interfered in a criminal investigation involving a missing woman.
- Nancy Grace may have inadvertently caused Casey Anthony’s acquittal in a blinding flash of irony.
- Speaking of irony: When selecting a security company to protect your money, you may want to go with the guys who were not robbed like it was a bad 80’s action movie.
- Useful tip: If a bunny tells you to burn things, you might want to consider getting a second opinion. Satan doesn’t count.
- As a general rule, your local PTA is probably not the place to pick up get-rich-quick investment tips.
- Off Lot Entertainment loses a bet, and must now produce the Space Invaders movie.
First of all, I should have predicted how my readers would have reacted to my last post on this subject.
Some people were wondering about my new policy regarding spam on my site. Truth be told, WordPress has a plethora of plugins and functions designed to catch spammers, provided that the site owner is even halfway paying attention. Nobody managed to slip a spam ad onto my site.
Some guy just tried to.
If I catch you spamming your business in my comments section, order | I am allowed to use any means I deem fit to link your business to extreme bestiality, anesthetist human trafficking, or frankly anything that I find amusing. Posting an advertisement in my comments section will be as considered consent to said practice.
Note: Linking to a site/business that is somehow related to the post/discussion thread is fine. Filing in the Website portion of the user form with your own personal site is fine. Asking for a plug if you are a regular is fine. Spam is not.
So no doubt by now everybody has heard the news. If not, please stop reading to go and visit pretty much any news source in the Western Hemisphere.
Osama Bin Laden is dead.
He died on May 1st, of an acute attack of SEAL Team Six to the face. He was given a burial at sea to prevent a grave site being used as a shrine for terrorists, and because his home country didn’t want the body back. And possibly because somebody wanted to make a “sleep with the fishes” joke.
Some people can try and twist these events to fit a political agenda. They might come up with arguments based on how our country proceeded with this particular subject or how all of the details were handled. They might try to turn this into a religious discussion.
I just want to say for the next few days at least, let it go. For right now just take it as this. A bad person did bad things to our country. And he paid for it.
Thank you to all the brave men and women who gave up all the wonderful things our society takes for granted, sacrificing years and sometimes their lives, limbs, and mental well being to bring us to this moment. They’ve given up so much for us, please don’t try to take anything else away by trying to make it into anything else.
Tomorrow we can go back to fighting tooth and nail over every detail of our lives.