The names in the following memo have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent. Please understand, this is for humor purposes only, and is not a serious report.
MEMORANDUM FOR: Major Big High Guy
FROM: The drunk fool in Hawaii
SUBJECT: After Actions Report
1. TYPE OF OPERATION: Goat Rope Boondogle & some real work.
2. DATE OF OPERATION: 21 Sept 08 thru 27 Sept 08 (21 Sept and 27 Sept reserved as travel days).
3. LOCATION: Mary’s House of Pasties, Waikiki Police station, Madame Ho’s Massage facility. Hawaii.
4. CONTROL HEADQUARTERS: I Love This Bar & Grill
5. UNITS INVOLVED: A couple of units that I can’t remember, Big Island Liquor.
6. SUPPORTING FORCES: Dukes den of Tattoo’s.
7. CONCEPT OF OPERATION: In conjunction with the Local Unit and the Other Local Unit personnel, MSgt John Wayne and SrA James Jones performed troubleshooting and functional testing of some equipment they didn’t know how to use and Microsoft Solitare system long-haul connectivity between Hawaii, and somewhere in MO. The idea was then to find ways to justify an additional 4 days on the island to get at tan
8. EXECUTION: Daily entries made in lieu of a Master Station Log.
Travel day and arrival at Waikiki, HI – 21 September 2008.
Day 1 – (Monday, September 22, 2008). Slept, woke up and surfed porn, slept some more. At noon went to beach and slept. Woke up, applied coconut oil, slept. Woke up, ate snack, drank dinner, surfed porn, slept.
Day 2 – (Tuesday, September 23, 2008). Met with and discussed further firewall procedures and technologies with SSgt Smart Guy and SSgt. Other Smart Guy. Meanwhile, TSgt Bob back at home did some actual work to configure the Missouri firewall. SSgt Hard Worker and SSgt New Guy powered up and configured the highly advance and confusing systems. Network traffic was then monitored on the firewalls to determine actual utilization. An additional port was discovered in the firewalls logs as specifically required for connectivity between Missouri and Hawaii. That port was then added to the firewall Service Groups. Once network activity was confirmed, we worked for another 5 minutes before leaving the building. After that hour, went back to beach, slept, drank, got sand kicked on face by Japanese tourist girl, went to hotel and surfed porn.
Day 3 – (Wednesday, September 24, 2008). Called Missouri to make sure everything was working and stayed an extra day, “Just in case”. Hung up phone, surfed porn. MSgt. Wayne went scuba diving, SrA Jones went looking for Tattoo parlor he found while surfing porn. Drank, slept.
Day 4 – (Thursday, September 25, 2008). SSgt Other Smart Guy continued with the overview and demonstration of the highly technical and confusing systems applications and theory of operation. While SSgt. Rocket Scientist worked, MSgt. Wayne went scuba diving againg and SrA Jones drank heavily wishing he had not visited the tattoo parlor. Ate dinner, drank, surfed porn, slept some more.
Day 5 – (Friday, September 26, 2008). Return flight to Missouri Got drunk, slept.
Day 6 – (Saturday, September 27, 2008). Arrive at HOR early morning, drank, surfed porn, slept.
OVERALL TRAINING: Good training opportunity for firewall configuration. Maybe next time can take advantage of it. Opportunities existed to learn stuff we will never ever use. Maybe next time can take advantage of it . UTC qualification and proficiency on firewalls was signed off anyway to make it look good.
OPERATIONS: The TDY really Rocked!
TRAINING EFFFECTIVENESS RATING: Yeah, whatever.
10. ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS:
Hawaii AFB POC Information:
Networks – SSgt Smart Guy
Networks – SSgt Other Smart Guy
Confusing System – SrA LowManOn TotemPole
Highly Advanced Chat Room Director – SSgt Rocket Scientist
11. SPECIAL REQUIRMENTS, TECHNIQUES AND EQUIPMENT:
Sun Tan Lotion
12. RECOMMENDATIONS/LESSONS LEARNED:
With the information gleaned from this trip, Network Technicians Wayne and Jones will be able to more rapidly and accurately take advantage of further TDYs to exotic and remote locations around the world.
JAMES S. JONES, SRA
Addendum 1 - Total cost of trip including reimbusement for special requirements $41,519.41 to be paid in full by American Tax Payers.