There not so much a punchline to that comment. Just a statement of fact.
I find it very hard to come up with the creative energy to write something for this site, after spending god know how many hours pouring a stream of never ending BS into my word processor, in a painful attempt to convince the professor that anyone in the world has ever cared about the content of an Art History class.
I had something neat I was planning to try to write, but frankly, I don’t have the functioning brain cells left any more.
Here are the some random thoughts off whatever I happend to find on the Internet tonight.
- Why the fuck does Snooki have a book? Why the fuck are people buying it? Can people that are interested in Snooki even read?
- Some guys bio-engineered a micro-organism to produce gasoline using only sunlight and carbon dioxide. For some reason this seems like exactly the sort of thing that happens in the beginning of a movie right before the micro-organism jumps into a human host and starts eating people. Bonus: Extremely flammable zombies.
- So the new Governor of Alabama made some comments that made non-Christians think he might be biased against them. Short version: it sounds like he said that he would like non-Christians to convert. Some folks are shocked at this slight, and the implied bigotry because they evidently forgot that they live in Alabama.
- Politicians score lower than the American average on a test of knowledge about US Government and the Constitution. I suspect I’d be a happier person if this surprised me.
- An attorney in Ohio has been charged with indecently exposing himself to two teenage boys. He claims that exposing himself is part of a mentoring program he developed to help at risk teens. He would like people to not rush to judgement, because their are two sides to every story, and he has not yet been able to tell his. All I can say is that I would pay good money to hear what he thinks is a good explanation for what happened.
- A whole slew of Congress critters are trying to introduce new anti-gun legislation. Sen McCarthy, who wants to ban high capacity magazines was quoted as saying “The only purpose for the existence of these devices is to be able to shoot as many people as possible as quickly as possible,”. Not true. You can also use a high capacity magazine if you want to shoot one person a whole bunch of times. Which may become very legitimate activity soon, because some asshole in a lab is trying to make gasoline zombies.